Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Cottage where your food and service is non existent

Was it bad service or what would you call it?
Last night Seth and I took some clients out to dinner. We arrived at 6:40 pm our clients arrived at 7:00 as planned. We ordered our ice tea's and our cheese and fruit plate (that took at least 45 min to receive). I mean it's cheese and fruit how long does that take to cut??? We ordered our dinners as soon as he brought the cheese out . We watched as other people got food payed and left. A little after 9:00pm our dinners arrived, you would think piping hot right... um no lukewarm. And I am not a huge fan of lukewarm salmon or steak so... Not to mention the fact that they got a order wrong now you would think that it would be hot and fresh picked and so on after taking that long.
So the owner is walking around talking to people swings past our table and says is everything OK all right good and starts walking on with out giving a chance to say anything just assuming all is great. So I was like um actually we had to wait for two hours for our food and when it came it wasn't even hot. He say oh well I am sorry and walks off. Do we get a hey let me make this right or anything? Nope.
Now I feel bad for the poor kid having to deal with unhappy customers, We were very nice with him and made sure he understood we weren't unhappy with his service (being that he was normally a cook).
So we get our bill and no surprise they charge us for everything but the cheapest desert (wow thanks). So on the bottom of the bill where it says thanks please come again Seth crosses it out and write Not after tonight!
Now we figure rude self centered owner that's the end of that just mark it a place not to go back to and let everyone else know not to go there either. So this morning Seth gets a phone call from the other owner apparently a husband and wife own The Cottage in Kila. She called to apologize for last night and says she is sorry but isn't willing to make it right! A sorry but I don't really care that you had to be at my restaurant for over three hours in entirety doesn't matter. So to me that really isn't much of a apology. I mean a crappy fast food joint messes up and gives you a free meal or something to bring you back.
So with all my ravings I say good bye to The Cottage for Seth has made it clear that we will never return and I have to recommend that you don't go either. It just isn't what it used to be and there is no service why not spend your money some place where you get what you pay for. I mean at least at tupelo you get good food even if the service is iffy at times

No comments: